Pregnancy conflict counselling centres; application for recognition
Pregnancy conflict counselling centres require state recognition.
Pregnancy conflict counselling centres at the district offices/health administrations are recognised by law.
Upon application, conflict counselling centres can be recognised by both public and independent providers. For example, denominational and non-denominational welfare organisations and other independent organisations and associations offer statutory conflict counselling (e.g. Diakonische Werke, Donum Vitae in Bayern e.V., pro familia), as well as the local health authorities in the municipalities. The pregnancy conflict counselling centres are required to submit an annual written report on their counselling activities, which contains the standards of their activities and the experience gained. The counselling centres are inspected by the competent government at intervals of at least 3 years. If one of the required conditions for recognition is no longer met, recognition is revoked.
The recognition of the pregnancy conflict counselling centres as well as their withdrawal and revocation are published in the Bavarian State Gazette.
A counselling centre may only be recognised if it offers the guarantee of professional pregnancy conflict counselling in accordance with § 5 of the Pregnancy Conflict Act (SchKG) and is capable of carrying out pregnancy conflict counselling in accordance with § 6 of the SchKG, in particular if it
- has sufficient personnel with personal and professional qualifications and sufficient numbers of staff,
- ensures that a specialist with medical, specialist, psychological, socio-pedagogical, social work or legal training can be called in at short notice to carry out the counselling if necessary,
- cooperates with all agencies providing public and private assistance to mother and child, and
- is not linked to any institution in which abortions are performed, either organisationally or through economic interests, in such a way that a material interest of the counselling institution in the performance of abortions cannot be ruled out.
Recognition as a counselling centre can only be granted at the request of the sponsor of a counselling centre or a doctor.
The pregnancy counselling centres provide advice free of charge and, on request, anonymously on all questions relating to pregnancy and birth.
You can find further information under "Related topics".
You can find a counselling centre near you under "Related links".
affirmation in lieu of oath, if applicable
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited