Tax identification number; application
As a citizen in Germany, you automatically receive a tax identification number. You can request a new one online if you lose it.
All taxable persons in Germany receive a tax identification number.
You will receive the tax identification number automatically by mail to your registration address.
- As a taxpayer in Germany, you will automatically receive a tax identification number.
- Children receive the tax identification number after birth.
- If you cannot find your tax identification number, you can use the input form on the website of the Federal Central Tax Office (BZSt) to request your tax identification number again.
- To do this, fill out the input form completely and send it via the "send" field.
- You will receive the tax identification number by mail to your current registration address.
There are no clues or specifics.
There is no deadline.
No legal remedies are provided.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium der Finanzen
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited