If you wish to hold an auction, you must notify us in writing.
The notification must be submitted in writing or electronically to the district administrative authority responsible for the auction location.
The following information and documents must be submitted:
- Details of the place and time of the auction,
- Description of the type of goods,
- Declaration that only used goods are to be auctioned. If there are any doubts about this, you may be asked to provide appropriate evidence.
- License certificate for the auctioneer trade pursuant to Section 34 b (1) of the Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act, if not already available.
- Indication of the location of the auctioned property up to the day of the auction,
- Indication of the viewing times.
The following additional information or documents are required for the auction of unused items:
- If it is a public auction: Proof of public appointment as auctioneer (Section 383 (3) of the German Civil Code - BGB).
- The reason for the auction and the names and addresses of the clients,
- Assurance that the auction is not connected in time or space with another sales event. Exception: It is a clearance sale due to the closure of a business.
You require a permit for the commercial auctioning of third-party movable property, third-party land or third-party rights (further information can be found under "Related topics").
The notification must be made no later than 14 days before the auction date. The date of receipt of your auction notice is decisive for compliance with this deadline.
In exceptional cases, particularly in the case of perishable auction goods, the authority may shorten the deadline upon request.
If applicable, a declaration that only used goods are to be auctioned off
If applicable, a certificate of approval for the auctioneer trade in accordance with § 34 b Para. 1 of the Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act (Gewerbeordnung).
if applicable, proof of public appointment as auctioneer
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited