Fire brigade operations; levying of reimbursement of costs
Under certain conditions, the municipalities can demand compensation for the necessary expenses they have incurred as a result of the deployment, operations and security patrols of municipal fire brigades.
Reimbursement of costs can be demanded
- for fire-fighting and technical assistance operations in which the danger or damage was caused by the operation of motor, air, rail or water vehicles or a trailer intended to be carried by a motor vehicle, with the exception of operations or activities which directly serve the rescue or recovery of people and animals,
- for other operations in technical assistance, with the exception of operations or activities which directly serve the rescue or recovery of people and animals,
- for special extinguishing agents used in fires in commercial and industrial establishments,
- for operations caused by a deliberate or grossly negligent hazard,
- in the case of deliberate or grossly negligent false alarms by the fire brigade or false alarms triggered by a private fire alarm system,
- if a security service has forwarded an emergency call despite the absence of indications of the necessity of a fire brigade intervention and no activity was required for the immediate rescue or recovery of people,
- for the deployment of an alarmed fire brigade to an operation for which the municipalities of the fire brigades deployed can demand reimbursement of the expenses, but whose own action has not become necessary,
- for security guards.
In principle, the party causing the danger or the party otherwise obliged to eliminate the danger is liable to pay the costs; in addition, e.g. anyone who has made use of the fire brigade's security guards or has deliberately or grossly negligently triggered a false alarm.
either an objection to the municipality or a direct action for annulment before the administrative court
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited