Practice of medicine; notification

If you practice a legally regulated non-physician medical profession on a self-employed or freelance basis, you are required to report this to the responsible health authority.



  • Authorization to practice the profession or to use the professional title
  • planned practice of the profession in the city or county


The notification and the required documents must be submitted to the locally responsible health office.

The local health authority is the one in whose district the establishment is located.

The authority can issue a confirmation of the notification on request.


The beginning and end of self-employed professional practice as well as the termination must be reported immediately.

Required documents

  • The following documents are required:

    • certificate of authorization to practice the profession or to use the professional title
    • Proof of the existence of adequate liability insurance


  • Display: none; confirmation (e.g. for the health insurance company): subject to a charge


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit, Pflege und Prävention

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.