Nursing activity; advertisement

The provision or offering of nursing services for remuneration must be reported immediately to the responsible health authority. The employment of corresponding persons for this purpose is also subject to notification.


If you provide or offer reserved activities within the meaning of Section 4 of the Nursing Professions Act (PflBG) in return for remuneration, you must report this to the public health department without delay, stating the name and address and, if applicable, the name and address of the institution.

If you provide or offer such an activity and employ appropriate persons for this purpose, you must also notify the health authority immediately, stating the name, address and professional training of the persons employed, naming the senior nursing staff and immediately submitting the documents specified under Art. 16 Para. 1 Sentence 2 Health Service Act (GDG) for each of these persons.

Changes or abandonment of notifiable facts must also be reported to the Health Department without delay.

However, the above does not apply to reserved activities performed in nursing facilities licensed under Section 72 (1) sentence 1 of the Eleventh Book of the Social Code, in hospitals as defined in Section 2 no. 1 of the Hospital Financing Act, maternity homes and facilities within the meaning of Section 30 of the Trade, Commerce and Industry Code, medical rehabilitation, spa and health spring facilities or facilities to which the Home Act applies, as well as within the scope of an employment relationship with or for the benefit of the person being cared for or as a courtesy or for reasons of family, kinship or neighborly assistance.


  • authorization to practice the profession or to use the professional title
  • planned practice of the profession in the city or county


The notification as well as the required documents are to be submitted to the locally competent health office.

The local competent health office is the health office in whose district the natural person has their main residence or provides or offers the activities, if the main residence is not in the Free State of Bavaria. In the case of other providers of care services, the health office in whose district they have their main residence or provide or offer the activities is responsible if the care services have neither their main residence nor a branch office in the Free State of Bavaria.

In the case of care services with organizationally independent local branches, the notification must also be made to the health authority in whose district the branch is located.

The authority can issue a confirmation of the notification upon request.


Start, changes and abandonment of the activity must be reported immediately.

Required documents

  • A certificate of authorization to use the professional title in accordance with § 1 Para. 1, §§ 58 or 64 PflBG.


    • Display: none
    • Confirmation (e.g. for health insurance): subject to charge


administrative claim

Status: 03.02.2023

Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.