Water supply; application for a property connection

The property connection (water) serves to connect your property to the public water supply system.


If your municipality has provided for this in its water supply statutes, properties that are served by pipes of a public water supply facility must generally also be connected to this facility and use it. Technically, a so-called property connection must be laid for this purpose, i.e. a line that extends from the branch point of the public supply line (main line) to the transfer point (end of the property connection behind the main shut-off device in the property or building). Via this property connection, you in turn connect the areas requiring water supply located on the property to the public water supply system.

The property connection is usually made, renewed, changed and maintained by the municipality. Therefore, please contact your municipality for more detailed information. They will also be able to provide you with information on the technical requirements for connecting your property and on the costs you will incur for laying such a property connection.

Legal bases

  • Gemeindliche Wasserabgabesatzungen


Administrative court proceedings; information

administrative claim


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.