Transportation of dangerous goods; application for an exemption, route determination and other
In Bavaria, the StMB is responsible for the transport of dangerous goods. The district administrative authorities issue route regulations in accordance with Section 35a (3) Sentence 1 of the Dangerous Goods Ordinance for Road, Rail and Inland Navigation (GGVSEB).
The State Ministry for Housing, Construction and Transport is responsible for
- the granting of exemptions according to § 5 para. 1 no. 1 GGVSEB in road transport,
- the granting of exemptions in accordance with § 5 Para. 1 No. 2 GGVSEB in rail transport for the area of non-federally owned railroads,
- the granting of exemptions in accordance with § 5 Para. 1 No. 3 GGVSEB in inland navigation on navigable inland waters that are not federal waterways,
- the issuance of general rulings on the route in accordance with § 35a Para. 3 Sentence 2 GGVSEB, and
- the authorization to continue carriage in accordance with 18.104.22.168.4 of the Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR).
For the determination of the route for the carriage of
- flammable gases of class 2 according to § 35b table no. 2 GGVSEB and
- flammable liquids of class 3 according to § 35b table no. 4 GGVSEB
a general decree has been issued in Bavaria, which can be found under "Legal basis". The conditions of this general ruling must be complied with for the transports concerned, whereby no additional official route regulation is required.
For the carriage of all other dangerous goods for which a route designation is required in accordance with the provisions of § 35a in conjunction with § 35b GGVSEB, this route designation must be applied for from the locally competent district administrative authority before the start of the carriage.
As a rule, two district administrative authorities act independently of each other upon application. Thus, the authority responsible for the place of loading determines the route between the place of loading and the highway, while the route from the highway to the place of unloading is determined by the authority responsible for the place of unloading. If a route passes through the jurisdictions of several county administrative authorities, the competent county administrative authority shall involve the other county administrative authorities in determining the route.
The district administrative authorities are also responsible for
the determination of loading and unloading points of vehicles or large containers, which are transported as a closed load according to the regulation in ADR subsection 22.214.171.124,
receiving the message about loading or unloading of dangerous substances and articles at a place accessible to the public outside localities in accordance with 7.5.11 CV 1, paragraph 1, letter b and Chapter 8.5 S 1, paragraph 4, letter b ADR,
the granting of permission for the loading or unloading of dangerous substances and articles at a place accessible to the public within built-up areas and for the receipt of information about these activities in accordance with section 7.5.11 CV 1, paragraph 1, letter a and chapter 8.5 S 1, paragraph 4, letter a ADR and
the granting of consent for prolonged stops in the vicinity of residential areas or busy places in accordance with the second sentence of S 8 and the second sentence of S 9 of Chapter 8.5 ADR.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited