Specialist; application for recognition of a specialist title
If you have completed further medical training in accordance with the requirements of the further training regulations for doctors in Bavaria, you can apply for recognition as a specialist.
- Membership of a district medical association in Bavaria
- Medical license to practice medicine
- Fulfillment of the requirements of the further training regulations regarding the implementation, duration and content of further training
The application for recognition of a specialist designation must be submitted online via the "Meine-BLÄK-Portal". The application completed online must be printed out, signed and submitted to the Bavarian Medical Association together with the required documents.
When submitting an application, the transitional provisions laid down in the further training regulations for the use of the previous further training regulations must be observed.
Applications are processed according to the date of receipt. The processing time depends on the completeness of the documents and can therefore vary greatly from case to case. However, once the complete documents have been received, the legal requirements of the Administrative Procedure Act apply.
- Certificates of further education on the periods that can be credited (in each case as an officially certified photocopy)
- Documentation sheet/logbook (in each case as an officially certified photocopy)
- Course certificates, if applicable, insofar as courses are required by the further training regulations (in each case as an officially certified photocopy)
The procedure for recognition of a specialist title is generally free of charge.
However, if activities abroad are to be assessed as part of the application, an expense-related fee will be charged in accordance with the current fee schedule of the Bavarian Medical Association. A minimum fee of EUR 125.00 is due upon submission of the application; it will be included in the final invoice upon completion. The maximum fee is EUR 1000.00.
Objection or administrative court action
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit, Pflege und Prävention
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited