Specialist; application for recognition of a specialist designation.
If you have completed further medical training in accordance with the requirements of the further training regulations for physicians in Bavaria, you can apply for recognition of a specialist title.
If you have completed further medical training in a defined medical field after obtaining your license to practice medicine, you can apply for recognition of a specialist title. This is based on the current version of the further training regulations for physicians in Bavaria.
The Bavarian Medical Association (Bayerische Landesärztekammer) checks whether all requirements of the further training regulations have been met and decides on admission to the specialist examination.
- Membership in a medical district association in Bavaria
- Medical license
- Fulfillment of the requirements of the continuing education regulations for the implementation, duration and content of continuing education
The application for recognition of a specialist title must be submitted online via the "Meine-BLÄK-Portal". The application completed online must be printed out and signed and submitted to the Bavarian Medical Association together with the required documents.
When submitting an application, the transitional provisions set forth in the continuing education regulations for use of the previous continuing education regulations must be observed, if applicable.
Applications are processed according to the date of receipt. The processing time depends on the completeness of the documents and can therefore vary greatly from person to person. However, once the complete documents have been received, the legal requirements of the Administrative Procedure Act apply.
- Certificates of further education on the periods that can be credited (in each case as an officially certified photocopy)
- Documentation sheet/logbook (in each case as an officially certified photocopy)
- Course certificates, if applicable, insofar as courses are required by the further training regulations (in each case as an officially certified photocopy)
The procedure for recognition of a specialist title is generally free of charge.
However, if activities abroad are to be evaluated as part of the application, an expense-related fee will be charged in accordance with the applicable fee statutes of the Bavarian Medical Association. A minimum fee of 125.00 EUR is due upon application; it will be included in the final invoice upon completion. The maximum fee is 1000.00 EUR.
Objection or administrative court action
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited