Specially protected vertebrates; notification of population, population changes or relocation
If you keep a specially protected vertebrate animal, you must report the animal's population and any changes to the population after you start keeping it. You must also report any changes to the animal's regular location.
The notification obligation applies to vertebrates of particularly protected species that are not listed in Annex V of the Federal Species Protection Ordinance.
- have the necessary reliability and sufficient knowledge about the keeping and care of the animals and
- have the necessary facilities to ensure that the animals cannot escape and that the animals are kept in accordance with animal welfare regulations.
For each individual specimen kept, the keeper must provide the competent authority with the following information immediately after taking up keeping:
- Date of change in stock (addition through acquisition or breeding, disposal through sale, death or escape),
- First and last name and address of the previous owner or new keeper in case of transfer,
- place of keeping,
- intended use and
- identification (e.g. ring or transponder number).
The documents proving the legal ownership of the specimens (EU marketing certificate or proof of origin) must be submitted with the notification of the commencement of keeping.
Any change in the regular whereabouts of the animals subject to registration must be reported immediately.
It is strongly recommended to document the takeover or surrender of a specimen, stating the animal's registration number and the first and last names or addresses (including telephone number if possible) of the previous and subsequent owners with the signatures of both partners in order to avoid any subsequent disputes. This document must be submitted to the competent authority as proof of legality when registering or deregistering an animal.
- immediately 2 weeks after acquisition, transfer, death or escape
- 4 weeks for own offspring
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited