Official certification; obtaining from the municipality or administrative community
As the bodies closest to the citizens, the municipalities and administrative communities in particular are generally authorized to certify copies and signatures officially.
§ Section 129 of the Civil Code provides for "public certification" for certain written declarations (e.g. for the documents to be submitted to the land registry pursuant to Section 29 of the Land Register Code). In these cases, official certification by the notary public is regularly required. An official certification by the municipality or administrative community is not sufficient for this purpose. Special legal regulations also apply in other cases. For example, the issuing of certified copies from official registers is often reserved for the authority keeping the register:
- Civil status documents are not certified. Birth, marriage, civil partnership and death certificates as well as certified printouts from the respective civil status registers are only issued by the registry office (see "Related Topics" - "Civil Status Certificate; Application").
- Printouts from the register of associations or the land register can only be certified by the respective local court.
The authenticity of public documents that are to be used abroad and have been issued by courts, state authorities or municipalities can be certified by legalization or the issuance of an apostille (see "Related Topics"). Official certification is not usually sufficient for use abroad.
Identity card or passport
in the case of certification of a document: original (original document)
in the case of authentication of a signature: document
- Official certifications are generally subject to a fee.
In the event of a negative decision, if at the same time a decision is made on the existence of a right to certification: depending on the legal area concerned, optional objection procedure or administrative court action; otherwise administrative court action
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited