Nursing specialist; application for a shortened training period
The training to become a nursing specialist can be shortened upon application under certain conditions.
The competent government may, upon application, credit other successfully completed training or successfully completed parts of training to the extent of their equivalence up to two-thirds of the duration of training to become a nurse specialist.
- Social care workers and nursing assistants who have started their training from the 2020/21 school year and
- nursing assistants (nursing, geriatric nursing) who began their training in the 2019/2020 school year or later
are generally entitled to enter the second year of training in nursing (corresponds to 1 year of shortened training).
Shortened nursing training must not jeopardize the achievement of the training goal.
The application can be made informally in writing (by mail or e-mail) to the responsible government.
Admission to the nursing school is decided separately by the school management, so an interview must be held with them in advance.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited