Master craftsman's bonus for passing a school-based continuing education examination; payment
The Free State of Bavaria grants a bonus of 2,000 euros for a continuing education degree from a technical school or academy in Bavaria or for an equivalent degree.
Attracting qualified specialists is one of the major future challenges facing society and the economy. To this end, the Free State of Bavaria provides an incentive in the area of school-based vocational training: young professionals and those with comparable qualifications who complete further training at a technical college or academy in Bavaria receive a master craftsman bonus or a bonus for equivalent qualifications (bonus) for their successful vocational qualification (further training qualification).
The master craftsman bonus is awarded to persons who
- successfully participate in a final examination at a Bavarian technical college or academy and thereby obtain the vocational qualification (further training qualification) at the same time or after an additionally required work placement, if applicable.
- successfully participate in a final examination at a Bavarian technical school or academy as other applicants (external examination).
- successfully participate in the translator examination, the interpreter examination or the translator and interpreter examination in other languages which are not taught as first foreign languages at technical academies for foreign language professions in Bavaria, at the State Ministry for Education and Cultural Affairs and reside or are employed in Bavaria at the time of the determination of the examination result.
The master craftsman bonus amounts to 2,000 euros.
- The examination must have been successfully passed in Bavaria.
- Other applicants (external examination) and participants in the translator examination or interpreter examination must have their main place of residence or place of employment in Bavaria
It is not necessary to submit an application; those entitled are determined by the responsible offices (= usually the schools and technical academies).
As a rule, payment is made twice a year. It can take several months from the issuance of the certificate to the payment.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited