Arms trade; application for a permit
If you want to buy and sell firearms or ammunition, you need a firearms dealer's license.
Permission to trade in firearms or ammunition is granted by means of a firearms trading permit.
The firearms trading permit may be limited to certain types of firearms and ammunition.
The permit expires if the permit holder has not commenced the activity within one year of the permit being issued or has not carried it out for one year. The time limits may be extended for special reasons.
The applicant must have the required reliability and personal suitability (see §§ 5 and 6 WaffG).
You must provide evidence of the required expertise. This does not apply if you do not manage the business, a branch or a dependent branch yourself.
The permit may be refused if you are not a German as defined in Article 116 of the Basic Law or if you have neither your habitual residence nor a commercial establishment within the area of application of this law.
The holder of a permit shall notify the competent authority within two weeks of the commencement and cessation of operations and the opening and closing of a branch or dependent branch.
Proof of reliability and personal suitability
Certificate of competence
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
- Issuance of a firearms trading permit according to § 21 para. 1 WaffG: 100 to 2,700 Euro
- Issuance of a deputy permit according to § 21a WaffG: 50 to 500 Euro
- State specialized knowledge examination according to § 22 Abs. 1 WaffG: 100 to 250 Euro
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited