Motor vehicle license plates; application for an export license plate
If you want to export a vehicle that was previously registered in Germany or a vehicle that is not registered or has been decommissioned, you need an export license plate.
Do you want to export a vehicle that was previously registered in Germany or a vehicle that is not registered or has been decommissioned? For this you need an export license plate.
Requirements for the registration of the vehicle are:
- You must not have any overdue fees and expenses from previous registration processes.
- You must not have any vehicle tax debts of five euros or more.
- If someone is to represent you in the registration of your vehicle, you must give this person a written power of attorney. This must also contain a declaration of consent that the registration authority may inform the authorized person of any overdue fees and expenses. Your proxy must present the power of attorney and provide identification.
- The registration authority may require the vehicle to be presented under certain circumstances.
- The vehicle must have valid proof of the main inspection (HU) and - if required - the safety inspection (SP) by the time the export license plate expires.
International approval can be granted for a maximum of one year.
valid identity card or passport
official proof of the address of residence, if not shown on the passport
in case of representation: additionally
written power of attorney, valid identity card or passport of the authorized person
for legal entities/companies
Trade register excerpt or business registration or association register excerpt
Registration certificate Part I and Part II or vehicle registration document and vehicle title
Confirmation of insurance for export vehicles
Test report on the last general inspection (TÜV, DEKRA, GTÜ, KÜS, GTS, FSP)
if required (truck, trailer, bus): proof of the last safety test (SP)
SEPA mandate for collection of vehicle tax
If you do not have a permanent residence in Germany and are unable to provide SEPA bank details when registering a vehicle intended for export, the vehicle tax must be paid before the export license plate is issued. You can do this at any customs payment office.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited