Motor vehicle registration plates; application for an export registration plate
If you wish to export a vehicle that has previously been registered in Germany or a vehicle that is not registered or has been decommissioned, you will need an export registration plate.
Do you want to export a vehicle that was previously registered in Germany or a vehicle that is not registered or has been decommissioned? You will need an export registration plate for this.
Requirements for the registration of the vehicle are:
- You must not have any overdue fees and expenses from previous registration processes.
- You must not have any vehicle tax debts of five euros or more.
- If someone is to represent you when registering your vehicle, you must give this person a written power of attorney. This must also include a declaration of consent that the registration authority may inform the authorised person of any fees and expenses in arrears. Your proxy must present the power of attorney and provide identification.
- The registration authority may require the vehicle to be presented in certain circumstances.
- The vehicle must have valid proof of the main inspection (HU) and - if required - the safety inspection (SP) by the time the export registration plate expires.
International approval may be granted for a maximum of one year.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited