European firearms pass; application

If you want to take firearms and ammunition with you when travelling to or through other states that are members of the European Union, you need a European Firearms Pass, which is issued by the district administrative authority responsible for you - the Landratsamt or Kreisfreie Stadt.


For travel to and through countries belonging to the European Union and where you want to take weapons with you, e.g. for hunting trips or to take part in shooting competitions, you need a European Firearms Pass. This is a proof of legitimacy for firearms and ammunition within the European Union. In principle, you must obtain permission to import firearms before entering the country. For hunters and sport shooters, facilitations apply in some member states. In cases of doubt, please enquire at the respective embassy/consulate.

The firearms pass does not replace the weapons possession card in the Federal Republic of Germany. The European Firearms Pass entitles the holder to take firearms into another Member State of the European Union, but not to acquire or possess them.


A European firearms pass can only be issued for firearms that you are entitled to possess.

Required documents

  • Application for a European firearms pass
  • Weapons possession card
  • Passport photo (2-fold)


  • 50,00 Euro

Legal bases

  • § 32 Waffengesetz (WaffG)

    Mitnahme von Waffen oder Munition in den, durch den oder aus dem Geltungsbereich des Gesetzes, Europäischer Feuerwaffenpass


Administrative court proceedings; information

administrative claim

Status: 06.09.2021

Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.