Posters; information about public attacks
The municipalities may restrict postings, in particular billboards, in public to certain areas if this serves to protect the local and landscape image or a natural, artistic or cultural monument.
If you want to put up notices, especially posters, in public, you must note whether a municipality has restricted this to certain areas. Art. 28 of the Bavarian State Criminal and Ordinance Law allows municipalities to impose corresponding restrictions, provided this serves to protect the local and landscape image or a natural, artistic or cultural monument. An intentional or negligent violation of such a municipal ordinance constitutes an administrative offense that can be punished with a fine. In addition, the municipality has the option of demanding the removal of the notice.
The content of the notice is basically irrelevant. This can include commercial advertising as well as political advertising or private messages.
To find out whether your municipality has issued a corresponding ordinance and what restrictions it contains, please contact your municipality.
Please also note that, depending on the type, size and location of the posting, special additional restrictions may apply under certain circumstances. This applies in particular to
- Installations for commercial advertising, which may require a building permit,
- poster stands in traffic areas, which must not obstruct traffic and may require a special road use permit,
- Postings that are to be erected on or in the vicinity of a listed building and may therefore require a permit under monument protection law,
- signs that are to be erected in areas that are particularly protected under nature conservation law, e.g. nature reserves, landscape conservation areas or nature parks, and may therefore be prohibited.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited