Weapon requiring a permit; notification of acquisition
If you have a firearms possession card and acquire a firearm or give it to someone, you must notify the competent authority within two weeks.
To acquire and possess firearms, you usually need an acquisition authorization (preliminary entry in weapons ownership card or hunting license is required). An application for this must be submitted to the district administrative authority responsible for you. The weapons possession card then entitles you to exercise actual power over the weapon registered therein (see under "Related topics" - weapons possession card; application).
As soon as you acquire a new weapon or transfer your weapon to someone else, you are obliged to notify the competent district administrative authority within two weeks.
- Possession of an acquisition authorization in the weapons possession card (prerequisite: need, e.g. hunter or sport shooter) or in the hunting license
The acquisition or transfer must be reported to the competent district administrative authority within two weeks.
- In the case of personal appearance: as a rule, entry or removal takes place on the day of the personal appearance, if all the required documents have been submitted.
- in case of postal transmission of the notification: approx. 7 working days
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited