Weapons; notification of the acquisition of a weapon requiring a permit
If you acquire a firearm requiring a permit or give it to someone else, you must notify the competent authority within two weeks.
- When acquiring a weapon: acquisition authorization (weapons ownership card [with previous entry, if applicable] or hunting license).
- When transferring a weapon: Acquisition authorization of the recipient
The acquisition or transfer, as well as the processing by reconstruction or replacement of a significant part must be reported within two weeks to the competent district administrative authority.
- In the case of personal appearance: as a rule, entry or removal takes place on the day of the personal appearance, if all the required documents have been submitted.
- in case of postal transmission of the notification: approx. 7 working days
Weapons possession card
Weapons certificate or firearms certificate
(if the firearm is purchased from a dealer, please also enclose a copy of the firearm certificate or firearm letter with the application)
If necessary, fees may be charged for the registration of a weapon in the weapons possession card or the discharge of a weapon from the weapons possession card.
Registration: 15.00 EUR for the first weapon plus 7.50 EUR for each additional weapon.
Deregistration: 10 EUR for the first weapon plus 7.50 EUR for each additional weapon.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited