Adult education; application for funding for a facility
The Free State of Bavaria supports adult education providers with the aim of ensuring that efficient facilities with a wide range of educational opportunities are available throughout the state.
The adult education institutions must have been recognized as a state-recognized state organization for adult education or as an institution at state level.
In addition, the members or their institutions must meet the following requirements for funding:
- Fulfillment of tasks within the framework of the constitutional order and laws,
- Willingness to disclose finances and work results to the responsible state authorities,
- Efforts to work in partnership with other adult education organizations,
- Area of activity in Bavaria,
- be open to everyone,
- be managed by a suitable person
- use suitable teaching staff,
- demonstrate a minimum amount of work,
- have proven themselves to be efficient over a certain period of time.
Grants for adult education institutions are distributed via the state-recognized regional organizations.
The available budget funds are distributed proportionally to the state organizations and providers at state level according to a legally defined key. This is based on the ratio of the number of participant hours provided within the state organizations and the providers at state level in the previous year. The key is determined by the Ministry of Education after consultation with the State Advisory Board for Adult Education. The state organizations distribute their share to their respective institutions according to an internal key to be approved by the State Ministry.
Grant applications from the institutions must be submitted to the respective state organization in accordance with the deadlines and procedures set by the latter.
According to the law on the promotion of adult education, no subsidies can be granted to natural persons.
approx. 6 months
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited