Private secondary and vocational schools; application for grants for construction measures
Sponsors of private secondary schools, grammar schools, independent Waldorf schools (from year 5), vocational schools and second-chance schools can receive voluntary state grants for necessary building measures approved by the school authorities. Funding is also available for the construction of school sports facilities and private dormitories run by non-profit organisations.
Subject matter and recipients of funding
Pursuant to Articles 43 and 45(3) of the Bavarian School Financing Act (BaySchFG), voluntary state funding may be granted to sponsors of private, state-recognised and approved secondary modern schools, grammar schools, independent Waldorf schools (from year 5 onwards), vocational schools and second-chance schools for necessary building measures approved by the school authorities in accordance with the state budget. Funding is also provided for measures to build school sports facilities for the types of school mentioned as well as for private dormitories run by non-profit organisations. The construction or operation of the school or home must be in the public interest.
Type and amount
The amount of funding is up to 50 % of the eligible costs in accordance with analogous application of the guidelines on the allocations of the Free State of Bavaria for municipal construction measures in the municipal financial equalisation scheme (FA-ZR).
Among other things:
- State recognition of the school; in the case of state approval, the requirements of Art. 45 (2) BaySchFG must be met,
- School boards operated by legal entities under public or private law must provide proof of non-profit status (certificate from the tax office),
- construction has not yet begun,
- necessity of the measure,
- approval of the room program by the school authorities,
- approval of the concrete planning by the school authorities,
- In rem security for any claims for repayment for the period of the earmarking of the grant (usually 25 years).
- When awarding contracts to fulfil the purpose of the grant, the provisions of procurement law must be complied with.
The application must be submitted in writing to the locally competent government with all the necessary documents. After examination, the government decides on the granting of a voluntary state contribution.
If you are planning/intentionally planning a construction measure, please contact the locally responsible government as early as possible to avoid errors or deficiencies in the application. A proper application usually leads to a shorter processing time.
Funding is provided in accordance with the state budget; there is no entitlement to funding.
Applications for funding can be submitted throughout the year. Construction measures may not be started without the prior consent of the government. Otherwise, the approval of grants in accordance with Art. 43 BaySchFG is no longer possible.
For simple construction measures approx. 6 months, for larger/extensive measures longer processing times are possible in individual cases.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited