Professional recognition (85.90.0.01)
If you select a location, the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact and the responsible authority as well as locally valid information will be displayed.
The following formalities are performed by responsible authorities and can also be handled via the Point of Single Contact if necessary. Please specify the location via Change selection. If you choose "To the responsible Point of Single Contact for ..." (if available), the contact details of the responsible Point of Single Contact are displayed. The contact details of the competent authority/-ies are displayed after choosing the formality.
Formalities for professional recognition
Professional recognition means the evaluation and – in the event of a positive decision – confirmation of the equivalence of foreign professional and vocational qualifications with German qualifications. A formal procedure takes place to consider whether training was equivalent to comparable training in Germany and whether the qualifications can be recognised.
You need to find out the competent authority for recognising your profession using the Recognition Finder on the "Anerkennung in Deutschland" portal.
Step-by-step to the right formality:
- Determine your reference occupation via the Recognition Finder via "Anerkennung in Deutschland".
- Select on the page "Work and career - Recognition of foreign professional qualification" the administrative services depending on the reference occupation or the occupation you would like to pursue and find out about the procedure.
- The competent authority will be displayed, if you select the place where you will/would like to work under "Localisation". The contact details of the competent authority will then be displayed under "Responsible for you".
- Under "Responsible for you", click on "Secure online communication" for the competent body if you want to submit the application online to this body. "Secure online communication" is not displayed if no online application is possible.
- You must then first register / authenticate once on the platform for secure communication in Bavaria (registration can take up to 10 working days).
If you are already registered, you must log in and can then upload and send the application and the required documents.
For more information on electronic procedure management and the platform for secure communication in Bavaria, see "Electronic procedure management".
The following authorisations and notifications may be required:
In order to be optimally prepared for a recognition procedure at a recognition office, it is strongly recommended that you seek advice from a recognition counseling center beforehand.
Characteristics and key concepts of the service
- Anerkennung der Hochschulzugangsberechtigung
- Anerkennung für das Führen der Berufsbezeichnung
- Anerkennung für die Ausübung des Berufs
- Ausländische Qualifikation
- Berufliche Anerkennung
- Berufsanerkennung in Deutschland
- Berufszugang mit ausländischen Qualifikationen
- Nicht reglementierter Beruf
- Reglementierter Beruf
- Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen