The equivalence procedure starts with an application. An application can be submitted by mail, fax or electronically, for example. You can submit the application online via the platform for secure communication in Bavaria, which is connected to the Bavarian Service Portal, if the competent authority has connected to the platform.
Online application per profession
In the recognition procedure, the competent body checks whether your foreign professional qualification corresponds to the German reference profession, i.e. whether there are any significant differences. You can use the recognition finder on the "Recognition in Germany" portal to determine your reference occupation. Then you can select the formality on this page, depending on the reference occupation, and then the place where you will/would like to work. The contact details of the responsible office will be displayed and you can submit the application and the required documents to them online (as long as they can be reached securely via the platform for secure communication in Bavaria).
Step-by-step to the right formality
Step-by-step to the right administrative service:
- Determine your reference occupation via the Recognition Finder via "Anerkennung in Deutschland".
- Select on the page "Work and career - Recognition of foreign professional qualification" the administrative services depending on the reference occupation or the occupation you would like to pursue and find out about the procedure.
- The competent authority will be displayed, if you select the place where you will/would like to work under "Localisation". The contact details of the competent authority will then be displayed under "Responsible for you".
- Under "Responsible for you", click on "Secure online communication" for the competent body if you want to submit the application online to this body. "Secure online communication" is not displayed if no online application is possible.
- You must then first register / authenticate once on the platform for secure communication in Bavaria (registration can take up to 10 working days).
If you are already registered, you must log in and can then upload and send the application and the required documents.
For more information on electronic procedure management and the platform for secure communication in Bavaria, see "Electronic procedure management".