Installations requiring monitoring; application for a permit
A permit is required for the construction and operation of certain systems requiring monitoring and for changes to the design or mode of operation that affect the safety of these systems. This is granted on application.
The intended installation, design and mode of operation of the plant requiring inspection must comply with the safety requirements of the BetrSichV and, with regard to fire and explosion protection, also with the Ordinance on Hazardous Substances. This must be evident from the application documents.
- The application for permission must be submitted to the trade supervisory office of the respective district government, enclosing all necessary documents.
- The permit can be applied for in writing or electronically.
- If the application is submitted electronically, the competent authority may require multiple copies as well as the transmission of the documents to be attached to the application also in written form.
- The trade supervisory office at the respective government decides on the application.
- In the licensing procedure, the trade supervisory office involves the public interest groups in a star procedure.
The permit may be restricted, limited in time, issued subject to conditions and subject to requirements. The subsequent inclusion, amendment or addition of conditions is permissible.
If the examination of the permit application reveals that a permit is required in accordance with the Federal Immission Control Act, the application will be returned to the applicant with a corresponding note.
The factory inspectorate shall decide on the application within three months of receiving it. The deadline may be extended in justified cases. The extended deadline shall be communicated to the applicant together with the reasons for the extension. The 3-month period runs from receipt of the complete and meaningful application documents.
Test report of an approved inspection body
The documents must be accompanied by a test report from an approved inspection agency (ZÜS). The documents must contain all information necessary for the assessment of the plant.
The documentation must show that
the installation, design and mode of operation comply with the requirements of the Ordinance on Industrial Safety and Health and, with regard to fire and explosion protection, also the Ordinance on Hazardous Substances, and that the planned safety measures are suitable. The application documents must be complete, plausible and meaningful (see also LASI publication LV 49).
The documents must also show that
- the possible hazards arising from the working environment and from interactions with other work equipment, in particular other equipment requiring monitoring, which is used in a spatial or operational context with the equipment applied for, have also been considered and that the requirements and the protective measures envisaged are suitable, and
- the measures resulting from the cooperation of different employers according to § 13 BetrSichV have been considered.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited