Animal pathogens; application for a permit and notification of activities
You need a permit if you want to work with animal pathogens. In cases where no permit is required, the activity must be notified.
- Proof of expertise is required to carry out/manage the activity. According to Section 4 (2) of the Ordinance on Animal Pathogens, proof of expertise is as follows
- Licensed veterinarian, doctor or pharmacist or university degree in biology or food chemistry and
- at least three years' experience with animal pathogens within the meaning of Section 2 para. 1 no. 1
- Proof of the personal reliability of the applicant and the head of the activity if the applicant does not take over the management of the activity.
- Proof of suitable premises or facilities
- Animal disease control concerns must not conflict with this
The regulations on activities involving pathogens in the Infection Protection Act and the requirements of the Biological Agents Ordinance must also be taken into account.
For the diagnosis of animal disease pathogens within the meaning of Article 9(1)(a) or (b) (animal diseases of category A or B according to the Annex to Implementing Regulation (EU) 2018/1882) and examinations of poultry flocks according to Annex II of Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/2035, an additional designation by the Bavarian State Office for Health and Food Safety as an official laboratory is required.
You must apply for a permit from the responsible government.
There are no deadlines to be met.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Tätigkeiten nach TierSeuchErV - Genehmigungsantrag und Anzeige
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
- The permit notice is subject to a fee in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 3 of the Costs Act (approx. EUR 150 to 250 depending on the case).
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited