Guarding trade; registration for the expert examination
You must pass the security guarding skills test in order to perform particularly conflict-prone and sensitive guarding activities or to be allowed to operate a security guarding business.
To pass the exam, you should first prepare well in terms of content. The next steps are:
- The registration at an IHK
- The confirmation of the registration/invitation to the examination date by the IHK
- Passing the written part of the exam
(120 minutes, multiple choice)
- Passing the oral part of the exam
- Certificate from the IHK confirming the successful completion of the expert examination
- Provision of the certification data for retrieval by the guard register
There is also the certificate of instruction for guarding personnel. After the instruction you are allowed to perform only simple guarding tasks. For the more difficult tasks mentioned above, you must pass the expert examination. The instruction is also not sufficient preparation for the expert examination. However, passing the examination replaces the instruction for the guarding trade.
The examination is often the entry qualification for a job in the security industry. For this reason, many regions offer preparatory courses that can be subsidized in accordance with the German Social Code (SGB). Information on this can be obtained from the employment agencies and job centers.
- Please note the possible registration deadline of the examining IHK.
- The certificate of competence is valid for an unlimited period and nationwide.
Certificate is usually available immediately or a few days after passing the oral part of the exam.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag e.V.
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited