The aims of the promotion are
- Increasing the utility value of living space,
- Improvement of general living conditions,
- Adaptation of living space to the needs of older people,
- Saving energy and water,
- CO2 reduction as a result of modernization,
- Preservation and restoration of the urban function of older residential areas,
- Ensuring a socially acceptable rent after modernization,
- Determination of the group of entitled persons through a general occupancy right.
On behalf of the Free State of Bavaria, the Bayerische Landesbodenkreditanstalt (BayernLabo) promotes the modernization and renovation (repair) of rental apartments in apartment buildings and of care places in inpatient care facilities.
Owners, heritable building owners and usufructuaries of rented residential buildings and inpatient care facilities are eligible to apply.
The costs of modernization and renovation measures are eligible for funding up to 60 percent of comparable new construction costs. In justified individual cases, the approval body may recognize higher eligible costs, but not more than 75 percent of comparable new construction costs.
Type and amount
Funding is provided without legal entitlement in the form of low-interest loans and supplementary grants up to 100 percent of the eligible costs within the scope of available funds.
The "Basic" grant is up to €300/m2 of living space. The "Sustainability" grant for particularly sustainable projects is up to €200/m2 of living space.
For further information on the subsidy amounts and loan conditions, please refer to the information sheet from the Bavarian State Ministry of Housing, Building and Transport (see "Further links").