Education voucher; application
If you are unemployed and would like to continue your education, you can receive an education voucher under certain conditions.
As a rule, you must have been employed for at least three years and have taken part in counseling provided by the Federal Employment Agency.
An education voucher can be issued to you if
- the further training is necessary to end your unemployment or to avert imminent unemployment,
- the further training was determined to be the "most suitable measure" during the interview,
- the further training is very likely to avoid or end your unemployment,
- if you have made a "considerable effort" to end your unemployment yourself,
- the training measure and the training provider are approved and
- the course you have chosen will enable you to achieve the educational goal that you have previously agreed with your employment agency.
You can only apply for a training voucher in a personal interview with your employment agency.
- A personal interview will clarify whether you need additional qualifications in order to find work again.
- Your advisor will then check whether you meet the requirements for funding and will usually issue you with the training voucher directly during the consultation.
- You choose a suitable course yourself and register.
- The training provider confirms your acceptance onto the course on the training voucher and informs the employment agency. The employment agency will then check whether the course matches the education voucher and whether you meet the admission requirements.
- You can then start the course, but you should start applying for suitable vacancies while you are still on the course
- If you fall ill during the course, you must inform both the employment agency and the training provider.
- Shortly before or at the latest after the training course, you and your employment agency will determine the next steps in your job search.
Validity of the education voucher: 1 to 3 months
- Curriculum vitae
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesagentur für Arbeit
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited