Exception visa; issuance
The Federal Police or other authorities entrusted with the police control of cross-border traffic may issue exceptional visas at the border in exceptional cases.
At the German border (if applicable, also when entering via a German airport), the authorities in charge of controlling cross-border traffic may issue exceptional visas under certain conditions. However, unforeseeable compelling reasons for entry must be asserted by the applicant, if necessary with the submission of supporting documents.
An exceptional visa can be issued as a uniform (Schengen) visa or as a national visa. This depends on the purpose of stay. As a rule, the corresponding conditions for issuing the respective visa must also be met when issuing an exceptional visa.
The maximum period of validity of an exceptional visa is always 15 days.
- unforeseeable compelling reason for entry.
- The general requirements for visa issuance apply. These vary depending on the purpose of stay.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited