Aircraft licence; application for a permit or authorisation to fly an aircraft
Participation in air traffic requires a permit and corresponding registered ratings. A distinction is made between permits to fly motorised aircraft, helicopters, gliders, balloons, airships and air sports equipment.
The acquisition of a permit to fly aircraft requires theoretical and practical training. The training can only be carried out at an approved or declared training organisation (flight school) and provides knowledge and practical skills in aviation law, human performance, meteorology, communication, fundamentals of flying, operating procedures, flight performance and flight planning, general aircraft knowledge and navigation. Only after passing the theoretical and practical examination at the responsible aviation authority is the permit issued.
The permits for commercial aircraft pilots and professional aircraft pilots as well as the permits for air sports equipment (microlight aircraft, hang gliders, paragliders and parachutists) do not fall under the responsibility of the air offices. The following authorities are responsible here:
- the Federal Aviation Office for commercial/professional pilots
- the air sports associations for air sports equipment
- physical and mental fitness as determined by an aviation physician
- reliability of character
- Minimum age (depending on the type of permit)
- Training period in theory and practice with a specified minimum number of flying hours, take-offs and landings
- Acquisition of a radiotelephone certificate
- If applicable, proof of English language skills according to ICAO specifications
The individual requirements can be obtained from the flight schools or from the air traffic control authorities.
The form must be submitted to the Aviation Office together with the documents specified therein.
The documents to be submitted are specified in the application form.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited