Game enclosures; notification and application for a hunting permit
Game enclosures are completely enclosed areas on which predominantly wild animals that are subject to hunting rights are kept permanently or temporarily or are kept for hunting purposes.
In particular, the permit may only be granted if
- the game enclosure does not unreasonably restrict the habitat of the game species outside the enclosure,
- the practice of hunting is not significantly impaired and
- the game enclosure is secured in such a way that the animals cannot escape.
Furthermore, the construction of game enclosures in which game is kept for hunting purposes may only be approved if they are at least the size of a private hunting ground and their areas are owned by one person or a community of persons.
In addition, nature conservation and, if applicable, animal welfare requirements must be observed.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited