Housing in old age; applying for a grant for a new housing or support concept.
Within the framework of the guideline "Self-determined living in old age - SeLA", the Free State of Bavaria promotes the development of innovative new forms of housing and support
Demographic change, changing family structures and the heterogeneity of individual life situations of older people require new concepts for a self-determined life in old age. The municipal overall concepts for senior citizens form the basis for new communities of responsibility in the sense of "caring communities". Flexible assistance services, outpatient living and forms of care take into account the overwhelming desire of older people to be able to spend their lives at home or at least as if they were at home, even if they need support.
In line with these needs, the purpose of the grant is to advance the implementation of new concepts for self-determined living at home, but also for living as if at home in Bavaria. This is in line with the principle of "outpatient before inpatient".
Within the framework of the guideline for the promotion of new concepts for a self-determined life in old age (Förderrichtlinie Selbstbestimmtes Leben im Alter - SeLA) , the following new concepts for a self-determined life in old age, which take into account the needs of older people, are supported with start-up financing upon application: Neighborhood concepts suitable for senior citizens, neighborhood assistance supported by civic commitment, housing counseling centers, community-oriented forms of housing in old age, such as senior citizens' house communities or intergenerational forms of housing, as well as other innovative outpatient concepts for a self-determined life in old age.
Recipients of funding
Funding recipients are initiators of new concepts for a self-determined life in old age.
- Personnel and material expenses for a specialist to the extent of up to half a position for the preparation, establishment, coordination and organization as well as continuous professional support.
- Necessary expenses for external consulting services for coordination and organization as well as for temporary professional support, e.g. for a moderator who, for example, brings together the residents of an intergenerational living arrangement and manages the interaction, and
- Necessary expenses for public relations and for equipment for common rooms suitable for the special needs of the elderly, e.g. kitchen suitable for the elderly, tables and chairs, etc.
Type and amount
- Application with concept, from which the goal and purpose of the project, the planned structures, in particular statements on the status of planning, the premises, the organization, the staffing as well as the qualification of the staff, the civic engagement, the development perspective as well as the sustainability emerge.
- a cost and financing plan for the overall financing
- a medium-term financing plan for the 1st year after the end of the start-up funding (how the project will be financed after the funding ends)
- an endorsement from the local municipality, if it is not itself the applicant
- The application must be submitted in full in writing or electronically to the Bavarian State Ministry for Family Affairs, Labor and Social Affairs, Department III 1, using the forms available there. The application must be signed in a legally effective manner.
- The Bavarian State Ministry for Family Affairs, Labor and Social Affairs generally decides whether the concept is eligible for funding. If the budget is not sufficient by the respective deadline (see "Deadlines") to approve all applications that meet the funding requirements, prioritization will be made. To process the funding procedure, the applications are forwarded to the Center for Bavarian Family and Social Affairs (ZBFS) in Bayreuth. The ZBFS decides on the application after completing the budgetary review.
- Within the framework of the Bavarian Budget Code, only projects that have not yet begun can be funded. In other words, no contracts for the services to be funded may yet have been concluded.
- No funding is provided if other funds from the Free State of Bavaria, the federal government, the long-term care insurance funds or the EU are used for the same purpose.
- The aim is for the project to be continued after the funding expires from other funds raised by the sponsor.
Decisions on applications received are made on the basis of the cut-off dates of March 31, June 30, September 30 and December 31. The date of receipt is decisive.
Once the complete application documents have been received, the content of the concept is reviewed in accordance with the specified deadlines. The budgetary review and decision will then be made in a timely manner.
The aim and purpose of the project, the planned structures, in particular statements on the status of planning, the premises, the organisation of the staffing and the qualification of the staff, the civic commitment, the development perspective and the sustainability should be presented here.
Medium-term financing plan
Medium-term financing plan for the 1st year after the end of the start-up financing (expected/estimated income - expenditure)
Endorsement of the local municipality, if it is not the applicant itself
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited