Driving school permit; application
Anyone who trains learner drivers as an independent driving instructor or has them trained by driving instructors employed by them requires a driving instructor's license.
In order to be allowed to train learner drivers as an independent driving instructor or to have them trained by employed driving instructors, a driving school permit is required - in addition to the corresponding driving instructor permit. In order to operate branch offices of a driving school, a branch office permit is also required (see Related Topics).
The driving school permit is issued by the district administrative authority of the location of the driving school upon application for the class BE and additionally in the classes A, CE and DE.
The driving school permit for the class BE entitles - according to the driving instructor permit - to the training in the driving license classes B, BE and L. The driving school permit for the class A entitles to the training in the driving license classes AM, A1, A2 and A. The driving instructor permit class CE entitles to the training in the driving license classes C1, C1E, C, CE and T. The driving instructor permit class DE entitles to the training in the driving license classes D1, D1E, D and DE.
The driving school permit is granted if
- the applicant has reached the age of 25 and there are no facts which make him appear unreliable for the management of a driving school,
- there are no facts that justify the assumption that the applicant cannot fulfill the duties according to § 29 Driving Instructor Act,
- the applicant holds the driving instructor's license for the class for which he/she is applying for the driving school license,
- the applicant has worked full-time as a driving instructor for at least two years in the context of an employment relationship with the holder of a driving instructor permit,
- the applicant has successfully participated in a course of at least 70 instructional units of 45 minutes each on driving school business administration,
- the applicant has the necessary classroom space, teaching materials, and instructional vehicles intended for driving instruction in the class of driver's license in question.
In the case of holders of a driving instructor's license issued in another country, which entitles them to train learner drivers independently in that country, or of a certificate of qualification to train learner drivers independently issued in another country, it is not necessary to meet the requirements for professional qualification set out in points 3 to 5 above. The driving instructor's license of the requested driving license class shall be granted to them if the other requirements are met, if the requirements for the granting of a driving instructor's license of the driving instructor's license class corresponding to their driving instructor's license class or their proof of qualification according to the Driving Instructor Act and the legal ordinances issued on the basis of this Act are met.
Application for a driving school licence
In the application for a driving school licence, the applicant shall state the name and address of the driving school and indicate the driving school licence class for which the driving school licence is to be issued in accordance with section 17(2) of the Driving Instructor Act.
officially certified copy or photocopy of the driving instructor's licence
Documents on the activity as a driving instructor in accordance with § 18 Para. 1 No. 4 Driving Instructor Act
Certificate from the provider of a driving school management course in accordance with § 18 Para. 1 No. 5 Driving Instructor Act on successful course attendance
Declaration of whether a driving school permit has already been issued and by which authority
scaled plan of the classrooms with details of their equipment
Declaration that the prescribed teaching materials are available
List of the number and type of training vehicles
Certificate of good conduct within the meaning of Section 30a (1) No. 1 of the Federal Central Register Act in accordance with Section 30 (5) of the Federal Central Register Act, which must not be older than three months
Extract from the central business register, which is not older than three months
Confirmation from the competent tax authority that the tax obligations have been fulfilled
If the applicant is a legal entity or partnership or the holder of a certificate of competence from another country (see requirements), other / additional documents may be required. Please contact the licensing authority for more information.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
- Fees for the issuance of the driving school permit
- Fees for the inspection of a driving school or branch office
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited