Farrier; application for admission to the farriery examination and state recognition.
The state recognition as a farrier can be applied for at the responsible authority if the proof of the successfully passed farrier examination is presented.
The following persons are admitted to the advanced training examination for farriers
- has at least two years of full-time employment subject to social insurance contributions with a farrier who has been operating a farrier's trade for at least three years after being recognized by the state as a farrier,
- has attended a recognized introductory course,
- has attended a preparatory course at a farriery school,
- provides proof of practical activity in accordance with § 7 HufBeschlV (including written proof of activity: ISBN no.: 978-3-933867-47-6),
- a declaration stating whether and where the applicant has already taken an examination to become a farrier or has registered to take the examination
- provides evidence of a vocational certificate (only for journeymen & women in the metalworking trade, specializing in metal design, who have been trained in the core area of farriery by a recognized farrier). (Only for journeymen in the metalworking trade, specializing in metal design, who have been trained in the core area of farriery by a recognized farrier)
The application for admission to the farriery examination and the application for state recognition as a certified farrier must be submitted in writing to the Government of Upper Bavaria together with the supporting documents.
The Schwaiganger Farrier School can advise on questions regarding examination admission and the recognition process.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Ernährung, Landwirtschaft, Forsten und Tourismus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited