Procurement procedures for works, supplies and services; consulting for public clients
The so-called VOB offices advise public contracting authorities as well as private grant recipients in their award procedures until the contract is awarded.
The VOB office (VOB = Vergabe- und Vertragsordnung für Bauleistungen - German Construction Contract Procedures) takes preventive action to avoid procurement errors and costly review procedures. In specific award procedures, the VOB offices are the point of contact for questions relating to public procurement law in order to avoid award errors and review procedures.
Jurisdiction is not based on the location of the company making the complaint, but rather on the location of the construction measure in the case of municipal measures and subsidy measures, and on the location of the awarding authority in the case of state measures.
The VOB office is available to public contracting authorities as well as private grant recipients for the following advisory tasks:
- Contact and coordination point for questions regarding the tendering and awarding of construction services in accordance with the German Construction Contract Procedures - Part A (VOB/A) above and below the EU threshold value.
- Advice on questions relating to the tendering and award of services in accordance with the Sub-Threshold Regulation (UVgO) below and in accordance with the Act against Restraints of Competition (GWB), the Public Procurement Ordinance (VgV), the Sector Regulation (SektVO) and the Concession Award Ordinance (KonzVgV) above the EU threshold value
- Consultancy for architectural and engineering services in accordance with the VgV, the Guidelines for Planning Competitions (RPW) and the Fee Structure for Architects and Engineers (HOAI)
- Advice on the application of public procurement law for local authorities
For awards below the EU threshold value according to VOB/A, the VOB office is a review body according to § 21 VOB/A.
The responsibilities of the VOB office are regulated in the announcement of the Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior, for Construction and Transport on the responsibilities of the VOB offices at the governments of October 11, 2017 (AllMBl. p. 455).
The VOB offices of the governments advise public contracting authorities (state construction offices, water management offices as well as municipal contracting authorities) and private grant recipients or private recipients of statutory services as contracting advisory offices, insofar as
- they are bound by the award regulations on the basis of the grant award notices or legal provisions, and
- the government has been assigned tasks by the granting or service-providing department, and
- the awarding authority has specified the government as the review body pursuant to Section 21 VOB/A in the notice.
This is the case for issues relating to the awarding of construction work, supplies, services, concessions and professional services.
The request for advice must be submitted to the VOB office. If a request for advice is made, contact can be made by telephone. Often, however, a request cannot be advised without further information and documents. Therefore, it is also advisable to submit requests by e-mail. The following information is required:
- Designation of the award procedure and the construction measure or supply or service
- Name of the client (address, telephone, fax, e-mail)
- Designation of the planning office (address, telephone, fax, e-mail)
- Concrete question about the award procedure
- Designation of the sponsors (if grants)
The VOB offices provide advice before and during the award procedures. Advice on the execution of concluded contracts is not within the scope of responsibility of the VOB offices.
There is no statutory processing time limit; the average processing time depends on the individual case and can vary greatly, with incoming applications being processed according to urgency.
all documents necessary for the consultation
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (ohne Unterschrift)
This form requires no signature. You can sent it electronically (e.g. by secure email or De-Mail) or as hardcopy to the responsible authority.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited