The responsibilities of the VOB office are regulated in the announcement of the Bavarian State Ministry of the Interior, for Construction and Transport on the responsibilities of the VOB offices at the governments of October 11, 2017 (AllMBl. p. 455).
The VOB offices of the governments advise public contracting authorities (state construction offices, water management offices as well as municipal contracting authorities) and private grant recipients or private recipients of statutory services as contracting advisory offices, insofar as
- they are bound by the award regulations on the basis of the grant award notices or legal provisions, and
- the government has been assigned tasks by the granting or service-providing department, and
- the awarding authority has specified the government as the review body pursuant to Section 21 VOB/A in the notice.
This is the case for issues relating to the awarding of construction work, supplies, services, concessions and professional services.
The request for advice must be submitted to the VOB office. If a request for advice is made, contact can be made by telephone. Often, however, a request cannot be advised without further information and documents. Therefore, it is also advisable to submit requests by e-mail. The following information is required:
- Designation of the award procedure and the construction measure or supply or service
- Name of the client (address, telephone, fax, e-mail)
- Designation of the planning office (address, telephone, fax, e-mail)
- Concrete question about the award procedure
- Designation of the sponsors (if grants)