Owner-occupied housing for people with disabilities; application for funding for adaptation.
The state promotes the adaptation of owner-occupied housing (own house or owner-occupied condominium) for people with disabilities (Section 2 (1) of the Ninth Book of the Social Code).
Owners of owner-occupied dwellings can receive a performance-free construction loan of up to 10,000.00 euros for construction measures in existing buildings to adapt owner-occupied dwellings to the needs of people with disabilities (e.g. installation of a bathroom or stair lift suitable for people with disabilities, construction of a ramp for wheelchair users).
- Only households whose income does not exceed the income limits specified in Art. 11 (1) BayWoFG can benefit from the subsidy.
- The subsidy is granted for the adaptation of owner-occupied housing for disabled persons. If a severe disability exists, the notice or disabled person's ID card must be presented; otherwise, a medical certificate is sufficient.
There is no legal entitlement to a subsidy.
The procedure is two-stage:
- The application must be submitted to the district administrative authority (district office, independent city) using the forms and documents provided for this purpose. Approval is granted by the district administrative authority.
- The Bayerische Landesbodenkreditanstalt approves the loan and sends the notice of approval.
The disbursement is to be applied for at the district administration authority.
The district administrative offices and independent cities are responsible for advising and granting the loan.
Proof of ownership of the property (e.g. copy of the land register)
Proof of financing - Sketch plan (in the event of a change in the layout of the apartment)
Proof of disability (e.g. severely disabled pass, specialist medical certificate)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited