Line-demand transport; application for a permit
The paid or businesslike transportation of passengers in scheduled services is subject to the regulations of the Passenger Transportation Act (PBefG) and is therefore generally subject to approval.
Line-demand transport is a form of scheduled transport and is classified as local public transport. In the case of scheduled on-demand transport, passengers are transported between certain boarding and alighting points on the basis of a prior order without a fixed route. The transport takes place within a fixed area and fixed service times. Transport orders of different passengers are carried out in bundles. Known forms of scheduled on-demand transport are some forms of call bus services or call shared taxi services.
The company must apply the transport fees and conditions set by the responsible local authority as part of a local transport plan, a public service contract or an advance notice.
Regularly scheduled services are subject to compulsory carriage, operation and tariffs.
Further information on scheduled on-demand services can be obtained from the locally responsible district government.
The licensing requirements are regulated in Section 13 of the Passenger Transportation Act and the Ordinance on Professional Access to Road Passenger Transportation.
The entrepreneur has to prove that
- the safety and efficiency of the business is guaranteed (presentation of balance sheets, financial statements, etc.),
- he, the person appointed to manage the business and the transport manager are reliable (police clearance certificate, extract from the driver fitness register, etc.),
- the professional qualification is given (certificate of professional competence from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce),
- he/she and the contractors commissioned by him/her to carry out transport services have their registered office or place of business within the meaning of commercial law in Germany.
In addition, the objective licensing requirements must be met (including public transport interests, local transport planning requirements).
Filing an objection with the authority that issued the administrative act.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited