Private special schools; application for funding.
The Free State of Bavaria grants subsidies to the sponsors of private special schools for the necessary school expenses as well as compensation for the necessary personnel expenses. As an alternative to the reimbursement of personnel costs, state teachers and other personnel are assigned to them.
The operation of private special schools is to be ensured through adequate funding.
The Free State of Bavaria reimburses the sponsors of private special schools for the necessary school expenses (current and one-time school expenses) and the costs of school buildings (including school sports buildings). In addition, the Free State of Bavaria reimburses the necessary personnel expenses or provides personnel to private special schools. Under certain conditions (Art. 34a BaySchFG), the sponsors of private special schools can receive improved state funding.
- Sponsors of private special schools
- Necessary school expenses (one-time and ongoing school expenses);
- costs of school buildings (including school sports buildings);
- necessary personnel expenses
Type and amount
This is a subsidy. In the area of school expenses, including school buildings, this is regularly 100%, and in the case of certain special focuses (learning, emotional and social development) and special educational support centers, exceptionally 80%. The necessary personnel expenses are also generally reimbursed at 100%. Within the framework of the improved support according to Art. 34a BaySchFG, the school expenses are also reimbursed at 100%.
Requirements for grants for school expenses:
- Non-profit status (Art. 29 Bavarian School Financing Act - BaySchFG)
- State approval of the school according to Art. 92 ff. Bavarian law on education and teaching (BayEUG)
- School basically divided into year groups; minimum number of pupils per class
- further requirements according to §§ 15 ff. Ordinance on the Implementation of the Bavarian School Financing Law (AVBaySchFG) in conjunction with the funding announcement of 14.12.1982.
- for school transportation: compliance with §§ 2 f. Pupil Transportation Ordinance (SchBefV)
Prerequisites for improved funding according to Art. 34a Para. 1 Sentence 1 No. 2 BaySchFG:
- Participation of the school authority in procedures for school-related budgeting of the accounting of school expenses
- Enabling all pupils with special educational needs to attend school free of charge
- Application of the regulations on admission and dismissal of pupils applicable to corresponding public schools
- Waiver of the right of consent according to Art. 43 Para. 4 Sentence 2 Half Sentence 2 BayEUG
- Early dismissal of a pupil only in agreement with the school supervisory authority
A written application must be submitted to the government of the governmental district in which the private special school is located.
The deadlines are set by the relevant government.
The responsible district governments are responsible for processing the applications. Processing times vary depending on staffing levels and the complexity of the cases.
Allowances for personnel expenses and discounts on current school expenses are granted on a monthly basis.
Confirmation of use
written confirmation from the school authority that the income was fully declared and that the proven expenditure was actually incurred and necessary for the school to be funded
proof of compliance with public procurement regulations, if applicable
z. e.g. submission of the public invitation to tender or proof that in principle at least three companies were invited to submit a tender
in accordance with the funding notice
Declaration according to Art. 34a Bavarian School Financing Act
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Objection, administrative court action
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited