Contractual forest conservation program; application for a grant
Voluntary services rendered by private and corporate forest owners (including legal entities) as well as by those responsible for inter-company measures for the protection of nature and species in the forest are rewarded.
Funding is possible if the measure meets the nature conservation objective and the area is located in the following areas:
- Area of the European Network Natura 2000
- Area of the Bavarian biotope network (BayernNetzNatur)
- Protected area defined by nature conservation law (e.g. nature reserve, landscape conservation area, nature park)
- legally protected biotope according to § 30 of the Federal Nature Conservation Act or Art. 23 of the Bavarian Nature Conservation Act
- Area on which a species support project is carried out
- Habitat of the Fauna-Flora-Habitat Directive (FFH Directive) outside a Natura 2000 site
- Beaver habitat
- Stock riparian forest
Interested forest owners should first contact their local nature conservation authority or the local office for food, agriculture and forestry. There, they will receive information on which subsidies are possible and support in preparing the application documents.
Applications can be submitted to the local Office for Food, Agriculture and Forestry during a period determined annually (usually from November to May).
The application must be submitted before the start of the measure.
Applications must generally be submitted in November of the previous year by May 31 of the current year.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited