Continuing education in nursing; applying for credit for modules or qualifications.
You can apply for credit for successfully completed modules or comparable qualifications toward continuing education in nursing.
On application, successfully completed modules or comparable qualifications can be credited towards the further training courses in accordance with § 53 Para. 2 Nos. 1 to 4 of the Ordinance on the Implementation of the Nursing and Residential Quality Act and Further Training in Nursing and Midwifery (AVPfleWoqG), provided that the content is equivalent.
Pursuant to Section 55 (1) AVPfleWoqG, successfully completed modules or comparable qualifications may be credited towards the further training courses, provided that the contents are equivalent.
Insofar as the modules or comparable qualifications are credited, the examinations pursuant to § 60 Para. 1 AVPfleWoqG are essentially limited to the missing qualifications.
The Association of Nurses in Bavaria as the competent authority decides on the crediting in writing. Rejecting decisions are to be justified.
The following documents are required:
- Employment references (proof of internship, proof of required work experience)
- Module handbook (as of: start of studies) /Transcript of Records
- Qualification certificates
- Qualification certificates (as detailed as possible the contents of the further education - only further education courses ending with an examination will be considered)
- Proof of project (project report, Bachelor's or Master's thesis with reference to the continuing education, if applicable)
Objection, administrative court action
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited