Nursing specialist; application for a shortened training period
Training as a nursing specialist can be shortened on application under certain conditions.
Upon application, the competent government may recognize other successfully completed training or successfully completed parts of training to the extent of their equivalence up to two thirds of the duration of training to become a nursing specialist.
- Social care workers and nursing assistants who started their training from the 2020/21 school year and
- nursing assistants (nursing, geriatric nursing) who started their training in the 2019/2020 school year
are generally entitled to enter the second year of nursing training (corresponds to a one-year reduction).
The shortened nursing training must not jeopardize the achievement of the training objective.
The application can be submitted informally in writing (by post or e-mail) to the responsible government.
Admission to the nursing school is decided separately by the school management, so an interview must be held with them in advance.
Report card (final, annual, interim)
Proof of successfully completed training courses and/or parts of training courses
- Decision fee: from EUR 5.00
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited