Fire protection; application for recognition as a testing expert
The registration committee at the Bavarian Chamber of Architects decides together with the examination board on the recognition as a test expert for fire protection.
As an alternative to an inspection by the building authorities, the fire protection certificate for special buildings, medium-sized and large garages and buildings of building class 5 can be certified by a testing expert (Art. 62b Para. 2 Sentence 1 BayBO). Testing experts for fire protection check and certify the completeness and correctness of the fire protection certificates; they monitor the proper execution of construction work with regard to the fire protection certificates they have certified (§ 19 Para. 1 PrüfVBau).
Verification experts for fire protection may prepare fire protection certificates for all building projects requiring approval (Art. 62b Para. 1 No. 2 BayBO), but they cannot then act as verification experts at the same time (§ 5 Para. 4 PrüfVBau).
The registration committee at the Bavarian Chamber of Architects examines and decides on the recognition as a testing expert for fire protection. The proof of the required knowledge (part of the special requirements) is carried out within the framework of an examination by the examination committee formed at the Bavarian Chamber of Architects. The examination consists of a lecture and an oral examination lasting a total of three hours.
The Bavarian Chamber of Architects maintains a list of recognised testing experts for fire protection.
General requirements (apply to inspection experts in all fields in accordance with § 4 PrüfVBau):
Review experts can only be persons who
- have the personality to guarantee that they fulfil their tasks properly in the sense of § 5 PrüfVBau,
- have the ability to hold public office,
- work independently and on their own responsibility,
- have their place of business in the Free State of Bavaria and
- have a spoken and written command of the German language.
Special requirements (§ 16 PrüfVBau):
Persons are recognized as inspection experts for fire protection if they are
- have completed a course of study at a German university, an equivalent course of study at a foreign university or are qualified for an office of at least grade A 10 in the specialist career path of science and technology, with a focus on specialist fire service, as a member of the specialist fields of architecture, structural engineering, civil engineering or a course of study with a focus on fire protection,
- then at least five years' experience in the fire protection planning and execution of buildings, in particular of special buildings of various types with a higher degree of fire protection difficulty, or their examination,
- the necessary knowledge in the field of defensive fire protection,
- the necessary knowledge of the fire behaviour of building products and types of construction,
- the required knowledge in the field of plant fire protection and
- the necessary knowledge of the relevant building regulations.
- for the applicant: none
- for the Authority: three months after receipt of the application and complete documentation; the period may be extended once by two months.
with full details of your professional background up to the date of application
Final and employment certificates (copy)
Certificate of good conduct
Proof of application for a certificate of good conduct for submission to a public authority, which should not be older than three months
Details of any branches
Information on any participation in a company whose purpose is the planning and execution of construction projects.
Evidence of compliance with the special conditions for recognition
The following documents must be submitted as proof of at least five years of experience in fire protection planning:
- Object list
- Individual certificates for the projects listed in the object list (preferably confirmed by the building supervisory authority or the test experts for fire protection)
- At least four informative fire protection certificates, fire protection plans, if possible with the application of different special building regulations.
Advance on fees (proof)
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited