Technical consumer protection; market surveillance of pyrotechnic articles and explosives
The mission of the Trade Supervisory Office at the Government of Upper Palatinate is to ensure safe products in the area of technical consumer protection. This includes explosives and pyrotechnic articles, e.g. fireworks.
Economic operators may only place safe explosives and pyrotechnic articles on the market. They are responsible for ensuring that their products are such that users and third parties are protected against hazards to life and health. This is a significant contribution to the preventive protection of consumers and employees.
To ensure that only safe explosives and pyrotechnic articles are placed on the market (i.e., enter commerce), the Bavarian Trade Inspectorate performs the following tasks in particular.
The Factory Inspectorate
- investigates accident reports and complaints,
- withdraws unsafe pyrotechnic articles and explosives from circulation,
- controls relevant economic actors by means of inspections,
- inspects pyrotechnic articles and explosives at trade fairs and exhibitions and in the trade (including online trade) by means of targeted spot checks,
- participates as a consumer protection authority in the Europe-wide EU rapid information system.
If you have any questions about requirements for explosives and pyrotechnic articles, or if you suspect that an explosive or pyrotechnic article does not meet the prescribed requirements, you can contact the Trade Inspection Office at the Government of the Upper Palatinate directly.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited