Structural stability; application for recognition as a test engineer
You can apply for recognition as a test engineer for stability in the fields of solid construction, metal construction and timber construction, which perform testing tasks subject to building inspection.
Applicants must meet or demonstrate the following requirements in the recognition process:
Test engineers can only be persons who
- have the personality to guarantee that they will perform their duties properly in the sense of § 5 PrüfVBau,
- have the ability to hold public office,
- act on their own responsibility and independently
- have their place of business in the Free State of Bavaria,
- have a command of the German language, both written and spoken
Only persons are recognized as test engineers for stability who
- have completed a course of study in civil engineering at a German university or an equivalent course of study at a foreign university,
- have been working independently and on their own responsibility for at least two years as an engineer involved in structural design or as a full-time university lecturer,
- have been entrusted with the preparation of stability certificates, technical site management or comparable activities for at least ten years, of which they must have prepared stability certificates for at least five years and been entrusted with technical site management for at least one year. However, the time spent in technical site management may only be credited up to a maximum of three years,
- have the necessary knowledge of the relevant building regulations,
- have demonstrated above-average abilities through their performance as an engineer, and
- have the specialist knowledge and experience required for a test engineer.
The examination board at the Bavarian State Ministry of Housing, Construction and Transport decides whether the prerequisites Nos. 3 - 6 are met.
- for the applicant: none
- for the authority: three months after receipt of the application and submission of the complete documentation, the deadline can be extended once by two months
Informal application with the following information:
- Field of study applied for
- Declaration whether and how often an application for recognition has already been made unsuccessfully in another country of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Location of the registered office in Bavaria
- Number of employees who are to be deployed for the examination
Curriculum vitae with professional background
Certificate of good conduct
Proof of application for a certificate of good conduct for submission to a public authority
Final and employment certificates (copy)
Information on branches
Information on any participation in a company whose purpose is the planning and execution of construction projects.
Information on ownership and independence
Evidence of compliance with the specific conditions
- Chronological proof of previous engineering activity of at least ten years in tabular form with subdivision by:
- Preparation of stability certificates,
- comparable activities
- Technical site management (confirmations from third parties must be submitted for the periods of technical site management)
- List of difficult construction projects handled by the applicant
- List of achievements as proof of above-average abilities as an engineer.
- List of persons who can provide information on the applicant's professional aptitude.
(samples of the above lists are available from the Bavarian State Ministry of Housing, Construction and Transport).
Identity card or passport (copy)
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited