Weapons; notification of the acquisition of a weapon requiring a permit
If you acquire a firearm requiring a permit or give it to someone else, you must notify the competent authority within two weeks.
To acquire and possess firearms requiring a permit, you need a prior official permit (weapons possession card [possibly with prior entry] or hunting license). For this purpose, you must submit an application to the district administrative authority responsible for you (see also "Related topics").
As soon as you acquire a firearm requiring a permit, transfer your firearm to someone else, or modify your firearm by converting or replacing a significant part, you are required to notify the responsible district administrative authority within two weeks.
It is recommended that you inform yourself in detail about the regulations of the weapons law before submitting your application.
- When acquiring a weapon: acquisition authorization (weapons ownership card [with previous entry, if applicable] or hunting license).
- When transferring a weapon: Acquisition authorization of the recipient
The acquisition or transfer, as well as the processing by reconstruction or replacement of a significant part must be reported within two weeks to the competent district administrative authority.
- In the case of personal appearance: as a rule, entry or removal takes place on the day of the personal appearance, if all the required documents have been submitted.
- in case of postal transmission of the notification: approx. 7 working days
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited