Veterinary assistant / veterinary assistant in the Public Veterinary Service; application for a training position.
Veterinary assistants in Bavaria are employed by the district offices. The governments are responsible for recruitment.
Veterinary assistants are particularly involved in feed sampling, checking the identification of cattle, pigs, sheep and goats, and carrying out plausibility checks in HI-Tier. Furthermore, they are involved in animal welfare, animal disease control, rendering, veterinary medicines and in some areas of consumer health protection.
The veterinary assistants in training are initially employed by a district office without a training course or examination. During the training, which usually lasts two years, they are familiarized with the relevant official procedures in the area of responsibility of a district administration authority. As part of the theoretical training at the State Office for Health and Food Safety, they complete a five-month course followed by an examination.
After successful completion of the training, they are expected to become civil servants (grade A 7) if they meet the requirements of civil service law. In view of the relevant statutory age limit, applicants should not have reached the age of 43 at the time of recruitment.
- At least a secondary school leaving certificate or an educational level recognized as equivalent by the State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs, Science and the Arts after consultation with the State Personnel Committee.
- Master craftsman's examination for the profession of farmer or final examination at a state technical school for agriculture, the state technical academy for agriculture, a higher agricultural school or an educational course recognized as equivalent by the State Ministry of the Interior, for Sport and Integration or training in a legally regulated training occupation corresponding to the intended use. Applicants with a degree in a legally regulated training occupation corresponding to the intended use must also have pursued a beneficial practical activity for five years as a rule, with a minimum of three years of professional experience.
- Unrestricted requirements for field service assignments
- Class B driver's license
- professional and personal suitability for subsequent employment as a civil servant
Additional requirements for employment or transfer to the civil service are, in particular:
- health suitability
- German citizenship
- loyalty to the constitution
- suitability of character
- Age limit: Under current legislation, civil servants can only be appointed up to the age of 45.
The governments are responsible for hiring at the 71 district offices in Bavaria. Please send your application to the government(s) in whose area of responsibility (administrative district) you wish to be hired. There you will also receive more detailed information on which district offices currently have vacancies.
Copies of certificates
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited