Food inspector in the technical monitoring service for the protection of consumers; application for a training position.
Food inspectors work in the technical monitoring service to protect consumers. The governments are responsible for hiring food inspectors at district offices, and the respective city administration is responsible for hiring food inspectors at independent cities.
- At least a secondary school leaving certificate or a level of education recognized as equivalent by the Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs after consultation with the State Personnel Committee.
- Master craftsman's examination in a foodstuffs occupation or the state final examination of a technical school (Technikerschule) in a field suitable for food monitoring
- unrestricted prerequisites for field service assignments
- Class B driving license
- professional and personal suitability for subsequent employment as a civil servant
Additional prerequisites for employment or transfer to civil service are in particular
- health suitability
- German citizenship
- loyalty to the constitution
- suitability of character
- Age limit: Under current legislation, civil servants can only be hired up to the age of 45.
The governments are responsible for hiring at the 71 district offices in Bavaria. Please send your application to the government(s) in whose area of responsibility (administrative district) you wish to be hired. There you will also receive more detailed information on which district offices currently have vacancies. If you are interested in being hired by an independent city, please contact the respective city administration.
Copies of certificates
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium des Innern, für Sport und Integration
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited